Wednesday 3 April 2013

Kraft it up challenge April - bits and bobs




I created this one for the Kraft it up challenge in April. Im really happy with how it has turned out!The challenge was to use recycled product packaging in your  layout. I used letter sticker backing for the 'i', a cardboard piece which had held ribbon as a tag and a party hat sticker outline.....

The  photo was from Pedlars parade, my daughter got a lucky dip and was very excited with the variety of small items inside. She held up an orange slinky, thrilled and tried to work out what it did. I wanted my layout to reflect the fascination children have with the bits and bobs in the lucky dip, even though they really have no use for them, and the Kraft challenge gave the perfect excuse to use up some scraps to give that feel of the lucky dip. And stingiest (I mean thriftiest) of all I did the layout on the reverse side of my only piece of Kraft cardstock which I also used for the March challenge lol

I used Kraft funday cardstock, Graphic 45 nutcracker sweet ballerinas (again), Kaisercraft miss nelly paper pad, Kaisercraft check in collection letter sheet, Ruby rock it Avalon stickers, Websters pages sticker and afew other odds and ends from my stash.

And bonus I used up some of those scraps lying around, ready for my house inspection tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Lots of recycling here! Thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous...I love it when you can use up those scraps!!! Thanks for joining us over @ KIU :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to highlight the lucky dip concept! Thanks for joining us at KIU!

    ReplyDelete