Friday 19 April 2013

Once upon a sketch April challenge - Just think about it

    








I created this layout for the April challenge at Once upon a sketch, the theme is the best day of your life and the sketch is shown below. It has taken me all month to work out what to do with this one.... I only have one photo that really shows the best day and it doesnt quite fit with the sketch! I tried a million different papers and colours before I finally came up with this layout tonight. Its quite alot more embellished than my usual layouts, but Im much more willing to use my more expensive stash items for a layout as special as the best day! Its probably an unusual take on the challenge as its not of a special occasion, and I never saw these people again. The journalling reads: Because they gave me hope that kindness still exists in the world. Although I dont know who they are and will never see them again I will never forget this day.
The background behind this layout is that as a parent of three young children I was really feeling subhuman, people look down on you wherever you go especially if a child/ ren happens to throw a tantrum, touch something or misbehave and the constant judgement, lack of empathy and understanding was really wearing me down. So I booked a trip to Europe to give myself and the kids something positive. While we were there we went to the Oktoberfest. This group of guys was sitting behind us and the kids chatted to them afew times, they were so friendly.... they spent the rest of the day carrying the kids around, buying them treats, entertaining them and just being wonderful people. They really restored my faith in humanity! So even though my kids are growing up and life is much easier these days I still see this picture and smile.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your story goes straight into my heart and I can feel how I start smiling reading about that specific day. Often it doesn't take much more than kindness to make a person's day. It's such a special page capturing a very special day! Thank you so much for sharing both your story and your page with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee this is awesome, I love the colours you chose for your layout - they really caught my eye in the gallery. Thanks for joining in at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely adorable layout, the colors are so beautiful! thank you so much for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete