Wednesday 31 July 2013

Frosted designs/ Paperhaus - The simple things








Well its coming very close to the end of the month now and I would really like to complete a few more challenges..... For this layout I decided to combine the July sketch from Paperhaus magazine (above) with a challenge over at Frosted Designs. I was planning to complete this months challenge with an 'outdoor' theme, but saw a blog hop which required the use of the quote ' Its the sweet, simple things in life which are the real ones after all' by LauraIngalls, and knew I had the perfect photos. These rather plain looking pictures have been in the too hard basket for some time, as they are not very good quality and the colours are odd but I thought I might finally use them, as I do want to remember the lovely experience of collecting eggs at Grandmas - and here was the perfect excuse.

I tried to capture the farm feel with nesting type material, lots of duck egg blue, round brads and feathers while keeping to the sketch. Im quite happy with the results!

6 comments:

  1. Love your addition of the "nesting" materials, it add so much charm to it, what a great memory to have too! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Frosted Designs Quote challenge hop, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful layout!! Love the "nesting" materials too! The colors are great and I think the journaling around the edges is great! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have done your journaling around the page. Even not the best photos can help capture a memory. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how all the challenges "come together" like yours did. Your layout is stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page! I LOVE the background! Thanks for the inspiration. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love all the details!
    Congrats you won the giveaway on my blog for the A2Z Blog hop!
    Can you leave email me your addy!
    Thanks so much for joining in on the hop with all of us!
    mjehodges@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete